Fund Controller – Finance (London)
Reporting to the Finance Director
M7 is a leading specialist in the pan-European, regional, multi-let real estate market. It has over 220 employees in 15 countries across Europe. The team manages over 600 retail, office and industrial properties with a value of circa €4.1billion.
M7 has a value-oriented investment philosophy combined with an active, hands-on asset management
platform. The in-house, on the ground real estate experience available to the business through its pan-
European platform together with its market leading information and data management systems, ensure that M7 can maximise value.
M7 is a rapidly growing company offering excellent career development prospects for the right candidates.
We are seeking a confident and experienced Fund Controller who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who will hit the ground running. The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, have excellent attention to detail, and great interpersonal skills.
- Supporting the Finance Director during the launch of single or multi-jurisdiction European Real Estate Funds
- Responsibility for monthly financial reporting under IFRS or UK accounting principles and practices
- Responsibility for liaising with various service providers to the funds including accountants, banks, administrators, lawyers and custodians
- Responsibility for the preparation and review of consolidated annual financial statements, delivery of supporting documentation for annual audit processes, managing the relationship with the auditors, treasury affairs for the Group and any subsidiary entities thereof
- Responsibility for quarterly investor reporting
- Liaising with the investment team where required and having oversight of the financial affairs and funding structure for such entities
- Support with new fund launches
- ACA qualified
- A positive, enthusiastic and committed individual with the ability to work with honesty, integrity and initiative
- Focussed and professional outlook, with a can-do mindset and the ability to work autonomously
- Able to operate in a fast-paced environment and willing to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and adapt at short notice
- Basic/intermediate understanding of single and multi-jurisdiction European real estate fund structures
- Previous experience of European real estate funds accounting and reporting with quarterly closes and timetables
- Technically sound with a thorough understanding of IFRS and UK generally accepted accounting principles and practices. Exposure to other European accounting principles and practices is preferential although not necessary
- Understanding of the principles behind and practical aspects of corporate acquisitions and corporate disposals
- Understanding of the principles of service charge accounting
- Yardi Voyager experience
- Experience of dealing with auditors at year ends and during interim audits
- Track record of process improvement achievements